Join Our Team:
Why work at Momentum?
As a company focused on supporting the technology and business community, our mission and vision are far-reaching. We believe in people, including our team, and entrust them with great responsibility. Our work is technology-driven but people-focused.
We are a team of curious lifelong learners who care about people and shaping a greater future for those in all stages of their careers. We’re setting an example for what job-readiness training and education will look like for future generations. We are stronger when our perspectives are vast and therefore we are diligent about growing a diverse team in gender, age, race, and perspective.
Location: We are a remote-first company. Our preference is that a candidate be local to the Raleigh/Durham region and easily accessible to meet in person for meetings, networking events, and training for the role.
Overview of the Role
You will play a key role in identifying and recruiting talented individuals for our programs and will understand and help candidates meet employers' needs.
You will be excited to support our prospective, active, and fully trained candidates and will find ways to keep them engaged not only within the Momentum community but also with our network relationships as well.
You will be responsible for vetting potential students as well as answering their questions about our programs and financial options. Additionally, you will help build and maintain relationships with a variety of employers to match students with companies based on mutual needs and interests.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with CRMs, preferably HubSpot
- Experience in either talent acquisition/recruitment or sales
- Demonstrated track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience in executive search, career management, recruiting, or student services.
- Experience with, knowledge of, or demonstrated interest in technical careers required.
- Natural agility and flexibility in the face of fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Available for evening and weekend events, as necessary.
The Job Responsibilities
- Spend upward of 80% of the day speaking with prospective candidates via phone, video calls, and events.
- Generate qualified leads for Momentum through a variety of channels including referrals from our current customers, virtual and in-person networking events, internal events, RFIs and other sources.
- Facilitate Meetup groups and other virtual and in-person events to generate excitement, retention, and interest in applying to Momentum’s programs
- Answer general questions for potential candidates about our program offerings, payment options, employment opportunities etc.
- Vet and recruit prospective candidates for our training programs, utilizing skills in sales, marketing, or recruiting to identify potential in candidates.
- Manage the admissions process for applicants who apply to Momentum’s programs either as individuals or through an employer-funded program, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for all involved.
- Assist in sales efforts for paid employer partnerships and relationships
- Serve as a talent acquisition expert for Momentum’s community of trained candidates and provide systems and guidance to job seekers and bridge the gap between trainees and employers.
- Continually evaluate and refine the processes around candidate recruitment, including all aspects of the process from software tools to professional development curriculum.
The Job Requirements
- Has a strong background in sales or recruiting (talent acquisition).
- Is goal-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and has proven experience meeting specific targets and goals.
- Enjoys having lots of conversations with new people and is a strong listener and communicator.
- Is willing to attend events on evenings and weekends in order to recruit candidates for Momentum’s programs.
- Excellent customer service skills and a deep commitment to providing a high-touch experience that expresses a genuine interest in candidate and career development.
- Believes in our mission and wants to be an active participant in building Momentum.