Join Our Team: Full Stack Software Developer Instructor
Why Work at Momentum?
Momentum was established in 2017 and our mission is to be the catalyst for new careers. We provide coding skills training focused on the needs of the modern workplace. We believe that learning is a lifelong process and that everyone deserves a high quality educational experience.
Since our founding, we’ve been focused on delivering high quality, high touch courses for a career changer audience. We are building on our foundation by taking our expertise to the enterprise market to deliver training solutions that meet the needs of growing and changing business demands. With every course we envision and deliver, we keep learners at the center of what we do. We hold a strong belief that skills-based practical training can provide every kind of learner with an opportunity to advance themselves and contribute to the needs of our modern technology-driven world.
We are a team of curious lifelong learners who care about people and shaping a greater future for those in all stages of their careers. We’re setting an example for training and education that will shape the future. We are stronger when our perspectives are vast and therefore we are diligent about growing a team diverse in gender, age, race, and perspective.
Note: Our team is operating remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Team members are expected to be efficient and effective in remote, live and hybrid environments.
Overview of the role
If you enjoy mentoring and managing people as much as you enjoy programming, this is the role for you. Key aspects of the role include: content and curriculum development, iteration and B2B instruction. The role will ensure that the technical subject matter, delivery methods, and instruction of our courses meet the overall company vision and serve our customers.
The best part about being a B2B full stack software engineer instructor at Momentum is being in an environment of constant growth. We will challenge you to learn as much as your students do. We keep abreast of current technologies and continually revise our curriculum to improve our teaching techniques.
A B2B full stack software engineer instructor at Momentum is able to convey technical knowledge clearly, defining terms and speaking in language that developers at all levels can easily understand. Instructors are responsible for explaining programming concepts without resorting to jargon. In this role, instructors have the privilege of guiding each student through their learning path, meaning they are there for the “ah-ha” moments and to mentor through moments of inevitable frustration. Momentum instructors are encouraging, welcoming, and patient.
The ideal candidate
- Is an experienced software developer instructor.
- Has agile development process experience.
- Experienced in feature development, testing and optimization.
- Has a high degree of emotional intelligence and empathy, and is able to work with people from all backgrounds.
- Enjoys evaluating new technologies.
- Is entrepreneurial and unafraid of the unknown, testing, experimenting, and getting things done.
- Loves speaking in front of groups of industry professionals.
- Is passionate about tech and community.
- Believes in our mission and wants to be an active participant in building Momentum.
- Has fun at work.
The job responsibilities
- Consult on curriculum and content development.
- Organize and run B2B training for professionals, including preparing material, giving lectures, coding live demonstrations, and tracking student progress.
- Conduct custom classes for companies and organizations.
- You will be counseling professionals. This means you will be encouraging them, working on ways to help individuals, and you may have to defuse tense situations on occasion.
- Iterate content and curriculum based on stakeholder feedback